To date, we've run separate support systems which were created in-house for tickets and live chats. As we continue to grow, we're finding these systems are not able to keep up with our requirements in providing the support you need & expect and the ongoing maintenance of such systems takes away valuable development resource time from our engineering team.
After a 6 month review process we have settled on a system called Kayako. This is fully integrated commercial help desk software used by companies like Virgin, Skype, DHL, Sony and many more.
The benefits of this new system include:
- Client Portal - Providing greater transparency by allowing you to access chats, news and tickets (including history) all in one place
- Automated Ticket Routing - Providing a much better way of routing inbound queries to the right person to make our responses faster
- Automated Ticket Escalations - Providing an escalation method of identifying if a ticket has taken too long to respond to (or worse, got lost in the system with no response)
- Remote Desktop - Built-in one-click desktop sharing and remote screenshots, so with your permission we can quickly and easily see what is happening on your system for a faster resolution
- Whole Company View - Allows us to see all tickets and chats across all of your staff (currently we can only see each person individually). This will allow us to spot any trends and help identify any knowledge gaps in your business and take a proactive approach in suggesting ways in which we can help
- Integrated Phone System - In the coming months we will also be integrating our phone system into the support system to enable call monitoring and recording for training and quality assurance
- Cloud - The entire system is web-based (like all things simPRO), allowing our support staff to work remotely from home if required (e.g. in the event of an office internet outage) with full access to chat, tickets and phone
- Scalability - The ability to scale with our company as we continue to grow
From Tuesday 02 April onwards you will be taken to the new help system when logging in to access support. The first time you visit, you will need to complete a one-off registration that takes less than a minute. This will generate your account, allowing us to keep track of your history.
Please note that we are unable to bring across any support history from the current system to the new system. As such, the tickets and history viewable from the new support portal will be limited to items created in the new system.
How to use the new simPRO support system: